Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

What To Do When Your Toilet Flush Breaks and Other Technology Repair Issues?

I was trolling the web (I do this a lot and no I am not a "stalker"...), and I stumbled across an article about how to turn your toilet into a touch-less flushing toilet for $75 (https://www.yahoo.com/tech/make-your-toilet-touchless-with-this-75-gadget-84920428289.html). Obviously this grabbed my attention. First, because the 8 year old boy in me still silently giggles inappropriately about anything related to using the facilities. And second, because who doesn't want to avoid touching as many objects in a bathroom as possible – yuck! Then my mind started to wander (my wife will tell you that my head is like a funhouse for random thoughts), what do you do when the touch-less flush stops working? – Double Yuck!

Obviously if I went through all of trouble of installing a touch-less toilet flush I must have spent some time considering what to do if it breaks, right? Well if you know me, you know that sometimes the lure of cool things temporarily overrides my wisdom and life experiences. Truth be told (please don’t tell my wife), I rarely have a plan when it comes to these things. If this issue really occurred, I would probably do what most “manly-men” would do, start by troubleshooting the batteries, cleaning the motion sensor, check the Internet, and then I would call in the professionals and have a plumber take a look at it.

This started to get me thinking, what can/should people do if other technology devices stop working properly. What if your laptop or PC starts running slow or you think you have a virus? Most people treat their critical technology devices like toilets, they will play around with some settings and try some stuff they read about on the Internet and then they decide this is over their head and they need help. Now what?


When PCs and laptops stop working correctly and you can’t fix it yourself, what do you do? Here are your limited choices today. You could have your 17 year old nephew, who is “good with computers” look at it. This usually results in you being belittled by a teenager for your lack of techy knowledge and a host of new unrelated computer issues. You could take it to one of the Big Box national chains that sells TVs and have them charge you over $100 to look at it. Or you could call the plumber… Not really the plumber, but a trusted professional that has vendor-certified engineers on staff to cost-effectively deal with computer issues. Certified-IT companies will treat you with professional respect and the ones that have a full team on staff, have decades of experience between them to solve your issues quickly and efficiently. Some certified-IT companies even have support plans that are half the price of what the Big Box stores charge.

Do your research now, so you can know what to do when your toilet flush, and computer, have repair issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment